The Fear

Although this is the name of one of Lily Allen's songs, it has nothing to do with music. I got my inspiration for this story from a friend. I know that some of you might not understand the meaning of this story. It's okay if you don't. I'll understand. Without further ado, here is the story.

The Fear


It’s the fear of: finding beer bottles when you get home from school.

It’s the fear of: knowing that the hat can come off at any moment.

It’s the fear of: knowing that the yelling is all you’ve ever known.

It’s the fear of: hearing the voice cutting through the night.

It’s the fear of: seeing those glinting eyes in the darkness.

It’s the fear of: hearing the lash, when you didn’t do anything wrong.

It’s the fear of: seeing the veins pulsing out of the neck.

It’s the fear of: feeling the blood well up from the welts.

It’s the fear of: knowing that when you cry, it will only make things worse.

It’s the fear of: finally telling someone you trust what’s going on, that they won’t believe you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It amazes me that you are so insightful with things, even though you haven't lived them. This is one of my favorites.

Popular Posts