Wake me up when September Ends...

There was a friend of mine who committed suicide and yesterday was the second year anniversary of his passing. I always get a bit emotional around this time of the month because of that date. I will never forget him. And in honor, this is a letter that I wrote to him, pretty much on the spot.

Dear Travis,

Whenever I hear your name, I think of you and all those classes we had together in school. Especially our eighth grade year; that was, and always will be, my favorite year. Not only because you were so nice to everyone, and gave the absolute best hugs, but because you were the first guy I liked. Like I had huge crush on you. And here I am, five years later, saying it to the world, and essentially, your spirit. I don't know if you ever found out about that, maybe you did through a mutual friend. I know for sure that I didn't tell you. But yes, you were the first. As we got into high school our friendship grew distant, but never stopped completely. Towards the end of freshman year, you wrote in my yearbook. And you said to me "F-- I have known you for a long time now, and it has gone by so fast, but what's important is our friendship and I hope it stays that way. It has been great going to middle and high school with you. I have really enjoyed it and I hope you have too, and have a wonderful summer! --Travis C."

I will always treasure what you wrote that day Travis. And I don't know what caused you to take your life, and I don't need to know. But know this. I will always keep you in my memories and I will always think of you. You were an important person, I hope you realize that. I will always love you my friend, and if you are here in spirit, just know that everyone else loves you too!

"I miss you, I miss your smile
And I still shed a tear every once and a while
And even though it's different now
You're still here somehow..."

Rest in Paradise,

F.M

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sweet :-'(

Popular Posts