People to People International

People to People is an Ambassador program founded in 1956 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower. Yesterday I received one of their letters inviting me to Australia for the summer of 2009. This is my third PtP letter. My first one was to the United Kingdom. My second one was to Greece and Italy. And finally my third. I got asked to go to Australia. If I go "I can experience 15 days of rewarding activities and meet the people of Australia. My local will represent the United States overseas, experience new cultures, and make lifelong friends. I will advance as a young leader through special access and focused excursions and will gain:

. Confidence and leadership -Snorkel and swim at the Great Barrier Reef and learn to surf at one of Australia's pristine beaches.

. Cultural understanding- Play the didgeridoo and throw a boomerang with Australia's Aboriginal people. Join in their traditional music and dance.

. World awareness- Discover the planet's diversity as I go four-wheeling on the world's largest sand island and bush walk amid 40-foot ferns of the lush rainforest.

. Friendship and memories- Stay with a warm, welcoming family, cuddle with a koala, and watch kangaroos, then bond with the other delegates while cruising the Sydney Harbour."

I really want to go to Australia next summer but it costs a lot of money. This is my third letter and I really really want to go.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How much does it cost??
F.M. said…
It usually depends on the place they're going. I would say around $5,000.00. GULP! I won't know the real price until the meeting in October.
chris said…
I am sure that your all your uncle's could help with a little $$ for an experience like this.
F.M. said…
That would be great if that could happen!!!

Popular Posts