I'm Edumacated Now

During my senior year of college, I had a meeting with my general adviser (we get one in our specific major as well) to see how I was coming along with my credits so that I could graduate on time. When you're young, everybody tells you that you'll graduate in 4 years if you go to a four year university. But it didn't happen that way for me.

My adviser told me that I was short on credit requirements for graduation and that I would have to come back for another quarter! I almost started crying. I ended up finishing my senior year in June of 2017, and started my last ever quarter of college in September of 2017. It's a common joke that if you complete your four years, plus an extra amount, you are called a Super Senior. So that's what I was for three months while I finished my Bachelor's Degree!

I completed fall quarter in December of 2017 and officially earned my BA in Visual Communication Design! I also learned that I graduated Cum Laude, which is the lowest of the three tiers, and "In North America, this honor is typically awarded to graduates in the top 25% or 30% of their class. The threshold differs significantly across different countries." When I declared that as my major, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, but it ended up being the best decision ever.

I received my diploma in the mail a few days before Christmas, and bought my cap and gown about a month or so ago. I will be surrounded by my small family while I walk in June of this year!



Comments

Grumpy said…
I fondly remember college as the best 6 years of my life.

Seriously, congratulations! Cum Laude is nothing to sneeze at; I had to look a long way up just to see the top 50% of my class.

Popular Posts