2020 Recipes

Happy New Year! When I created this post back before 2020 even existed, I had no idea what was ahead of us...I sincerely hope that you all have a better 2021 because 2020 was a dumpster fire! Please enjoy my annual food post below!

I thought that instead of trying to keep track of what I made each month, I'd just record it all in a list form instead of by month. I'd also like to point out again that I don't get any trades by sharing these recipes, just yummy foods!

1) Wild Rice Pilaf from Kevin is Cooking
The only seasoning is salt in the water for the rice, so I added nature's seasoning to my own bowl. I also put extra dried cranberries in my own bowl as well. My dad found this recipe and I made it for our New Years dinner!

2) Easy Homemade Biscuits from Sugar Spun Run
I've made a few batches of these over the last 6 months and it's probably the easiest biscuit recipe out there. Just follow the steps and yours should turn out great as well! I've used this recipe for open-faced breakfast sandwiches with eggs, sausage, and cheese. One other time it was used for dumplings in chicken and dumplings.

3) Creamy Pesto Pasta with Spring Vegetables from Family Food on the Table
I really enjoyed this dish! It does have peas in it, which aren't my favorite, but I didn't mind this time as they were mixed in with all the other flavors. One of the optional toppings was tomatoes so I put them in near the end so they wouldn't get too squished. Another optional piece was a splash of lemon juice, and I totally forgot to do that to my own dish! I think it would have added another level of flavor if I hadn't have forgotten it. This dish is vegetarian, but the author adds chicken sometimes so that her husband will eat it too.

My mom also got a subscription to Hello Fresh around mid September and it has been so fun learning about new foods and cooking them. We found out that we really love Israeli Couscous and we took turns cooking each new recipe! I have no idea how long we'll keep the subscription, but here is what we made this past year, in no particular order:

Ginger Lime Salmon w/ Scallion Rice & Roasted Broccoli

Beef Bulgogi Meatballs w/ Roasted Carrots, Ginger Rice, & Sriracha Crema

Garden Spinach Ricotta Ravioli w/ Succhini Ribbons, Tomatoes, & a Creamy Lemon Sauce

Teriyaki Pork Luau Bowls w/ Kiwi Salsa & Lime Crema

Curry-Spiced Chickpea Bowls w/ Roasted Veggies, Cucumber Raita, & Garlic Basmati Rice

Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken w/ Parmesan Zucchini Rounds & Scallion Couscous

Southwest Chicken Sausage & Rice Skillet w/ Salsa Fresca & Lime Crema

Sweet Soy Glazed Steak Tacos w/ Spicy Slaw, Marinated Cucumbers, & Peanuts

Gouda Vibes Burgers w/ Tomato Onion Jam & Potato Wedges

Crispy Parmesan Chicken w/ Garlic Scallion Couscous & Lemony Roasted Carrots

Creamy Dreamy Mushroom Cavatappi w/ Scallions & Parmesan

Chimichurri Barramundi w/ Lemony Carrots & Garlic Couscous

Cheesy Smothered Mushroom Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Carrots

Sesame Beef Tacos w/ Quick-Pickled Veggies & Sriracha Sour Cream

Tuscan Pork-Stuffed Peppers w/ Pearled Couscous & Melted Mozz

Chickpea-Powered Mediterranean Couscous w/ Zucchini & Grape Tomatoes

Ancho BBQ Sloppy Joes w/ Pickle Slices & Oven Gold Potatoes

Spicy Maple Chicken w/ Mashed Sweet Potatoes (actually yams) & Roasted Green Beans

Comments

Popular Posts