Awesome Pawsome

Last Sunday I went to the animal shelter for my weekly volunteering. It was hard work that I did but it was fun. I had no idea that I was going to be rewarded that day. My mentor and I went into the surgery room. There I saw the most amazing thing. The vet tech was nutering 6 puppies. They weren't just any type of puppy, they were Goldendoodles. That is a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle. The process was unbelieveable. Here are the steps:

1.- Inject puppy with some special sleepy stuff
2.- Put oxygen mask on puppy in order for them to breath in the anestetics
3.- Make small incision on the low part of stomach on puppy
4.- I think you know what happens now
5.- Wipe any blood off with gauzz
6.- Seal incision with special surgical glue
7.- Take mask off puppy and put in cage with siblings

Also, Sunday night, my dog got stung by a bee in her mouth but, at the time, we didn't know that it was a bee sting. We took her to a Pet emergency Clinic and the vet looked in her mouth and said it was a Ranula (abcsessed saliva gland) under her tounge. She became better and we didn't have to take her in for the planned surgery.

P.S. Has something bad ever happened to a pet of yours?

Comments

Popular Posts